Twice Baked Tex Mex Sweet Potatoes
These cheesy twice-baked Tex-Mex sweet potatoes will blow your guests away! Bonus – they’re garnished with crunchy tortilla chips and mild salsa for an extra kick of flavor.
- ¼ cup (60 mL) crumbled Tostitos® Multigrain Rounds Tortilla Chips
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Tostitos® Mild Salsa
- 2 sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 lb/750 g), halved lengthwise
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt, divided
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded cooked chicken
- ½ cup (125 mL) corn kernels
- ½ cup (125 mL) canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup (60 mL) chopped green onions
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup (60 mL) sour cream
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Season sweet potatoes with 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper. Place cut side down on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Scoop out pulp from sweet potato halves into bowl, leaving about 1/2-inch (1 cm) border all around. Set skins aside.
- Mash pulp with butter. Mix in chicken, corn, black beans and green onions.
- Divide sweet potato filling evenly among potato skins; sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until warmed through and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with salsa, sour cream and tortilla chips
Tip: Drizzle potatoes with barbecue sauce and scatter crumbled cotija cheese over top for a tangy addition!
Tasty RewardsTM MembersGet my Coupon*
*Get a Tostitos® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last