BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders
Bring some crispy delight to your traditional, homemade pulled pork sandwiches when you add some delicious LAY’S® Barbecue Chips to the mix. With the wide variety of chip choices, you and your family can embrace spontaneity with a different choice every time you serve this simple but delicious sandwich. Fire up the grill for a weekend get-together or plan on these sandwiches while watching the big game, and enjoy the way the chips complement the sweet and tangy taste of the pulled pork.
10 1/2 -11 1/2 hours
- 1 bag of LAY’S® Barbecue Chips
- 1 7-lb. pork butt roast
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/3 cup onion powder
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/3 cup salt
- 1/4 cup garlic
- 1/4 cup cumin
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 24 slider buns
How to make it:
- Mix together the paprika, brown sugar, onion powder, black pepper, salt, garlic and cumin.
- Set up your grill for indirect cooking. If using a gas grill, turn on the grill on one side; if using a charcoal grill, build the charcoal fire on one side only. Set a pie plate filled with water under the grill on the non-heated side.
- Coat the pork butt roast with the yellow mustard. Gently pat it with the BBQ rub. Set aside any remaining BBQ rub in a sealed plastic container for later use.
- Once the grill reaches 121ºC, set the pork butt roast on the non-heated side of the grill over the pan of water. Close the grill lid and cook for 5 hours.
- Open the grill. Baste the pork butt roast with the Italian dressing. Wrap the roast in foil.
- Cook the pork another 5 to 6 hours. Open it every hour and baste it again. Make sure the grill stays at 121ºC, adding more charcoal if needed. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the roast.
- When the pork roast reaches 88ºC internally, unwrap it from the foil. Glaze with BBQ sauce. Let it sit for 25 minutes.
- Pull the cooked meat off the bone and pile it high on the slider buns. Add extra BBQ sauce if desired. For an unexpected crunch, sprinkle some crunched LAY’S® Barbecue Chips on each sandwich, or simply serve on the side.