Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Oatmeal raisin cookies may seem like ordinary cookies but they are surprisingly good. You can forget all about store bought cookies when you have this great homemade batch waiting to be eaten. Just try to keep a few for yourself before everyone gets their hands on them.
- 3 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1?1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1?1/2 cups all?purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add oats and raisins; mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment‑lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
Bar Cookies: Press dough onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9‑inch baking pan.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until light golden brown.
Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Store tightly covered.