Ruffles® White Chocolate and Caramel Potato Chips
These caramel- and chocolate-dipped potato chips are the perfect sweet and salty treat for munching and sharing.
1/2 bag (7.75 oz bag) Ruffles® Regular Potato Chips
4 oz soft caramels, unwrapped
1 tbsp heavy or whipping (35%) cream
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1 oz dark chocolate, shaved
How to make it:
- In small microwave-safe bowl, stir together caramels and cream until coated. Microwave on HIGH, stirring every 30 seconds, for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth and runny.
- Dip Ruffles® Regular Potato Chips into caramel mixture so it covers two-thirds of surface area. Arrange in single layer on large parchment paper–lined baking sheet (don’t let chips touch). Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes or until caramel is firm and set.
- In another small microwave-safe bowl, add white chocolate chips. Microwave on MEDIUM, stirring every 15 seconds, for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until melted.
- Dip caramel-coated chips in melted white chocolate so that chocolate covers half the surface area and some caramel can still be seen, letting the excess drip back into bowl. Return to baking sheet.
- Sprinkle dark chocolate over white chocolate. Let stand at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours or until white chocolate is set.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Tip: Substitute dark chocolate with milk chocolate if preferred.