Red Velvet Oatmeal
Treat your valentine to a bowl of oats dressed up in the colour of love.
- 2 cups Quaker® Quick Cook Steel Cut Oats
- 6 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
Cream Cheese Topping
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1tablespoons honey
How to make it:
- In large saucepan, bring water and salt to boil; stir in oats. Reduce heat to medium; simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until oats are desired consistency. Let cool slightly. Meanwhile, purée raspberries and strawberries in blender; stir into oatmeal just before serving.
- Cream Cheese Topping: In bowl, beat cream cheese, yogurt and honey until smooth; dollop over oatmeal.
Tip: Dust with cocoa powder if desired.