Macaroons are a confection that dates back to 15th century Italy. And there’s a delicious reason why we still enjoy them regularly. But that doesn’t mean you can’t add modern flavours like almonds and coconut for a hint of sweetness.
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 4-ounce package shredded coconut (about 1-1/3 cups)
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- In large bowl, beat margarine and sugar until creamy. Add eggs and almond extract; beat well. Add combined flour and baking soda; mix well. Add oats and coconut; mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.