Cinnamon Apple Crumble
Apple and cinnamon are a perfect flavour fit. Add a touch of vanilla and a splash of orange juice. Even if you had your own orchard of special apples that tasted like cinnamon when you picked them, it couldn’t be easier to make and love this classic.
- 1/2 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 4 cups peeled, cored and thinly sliced baking apples (about 2 large)
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) margarine or butter
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease 2‑quart baking dish.
- In large bowl, combine apples and orange juice. Stir in granulated sugar, cornstarch, vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; toss to coat.
- Spoon mixture into baking dish. In medium bowl, combine brown sugar, flour and remaining cinnamon; mix well. Cut in margarine with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; stir in oats. Sprinkle over apple mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender. Serve warm or at room temperature.