Blackened Chicken Sandwich with Tabasco Mayo
Step up your BBQ game from the usual hamburgers and hot dogs with these grilled blackened chicken sandwiches. The spicy Tabasco mayo gives the chicken just the right amount of kick, offset perfectly with LAY's Sour Cream and Onion Flavoured Potato Chips. The chips soak up the sauce well when you want an extra helping of this simple but delicious condiment. It's like eating Buffalo wings and ranch, but without the mess.
- 4 150 g pieces of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/8 cup blackening spice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium red bell peppers
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 4 hamburger buns
- LAY'S Sour Cream and Onion Flavoured Potato Chips
For Tabasco Mayo:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco Sauce
- Salt and pepper
How to make it:
- Brush both sides of the chicken with oil and season with the salt, pepper and blackening spice.
- Slice peppers and onions into thin strips and toss with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Place on grill, turning every two minutes until they reach desired tenderness.
- Place chicken on grill for 5-7 minutes or until the meat reaches 74 degrees C.
- Make the Tabasco mayo sauce by combining the mayonnaise, Tabasco sauce and salt and pepper in a small bowl.Mix thoroughly.
- During the last few minutes of grilling, lightly butter hamburger buns and toast on grill for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place each chicken breast on a bottom bun.
- Top with onions, peppers, Tabasco mayo sauce and top bun.
- Serve with LAY'S Sour Cream and Onion Flavoured Potato Chips.