Blackened Chicken Sandwich with Tabasco Pepper Mayo
Step up your BBQ game from the usual hamburgers and hot dogs with these grilled blackened chicken sandwiches. The spicy tabasco pepper mayo gives the chicken just the right amount of kick, offset perfectly with LAY'S® Sour Cream and Onion Flavored Potato Chips. The chips soak up the sauce well when you want an extra helping of this simple but delicious condiment. It's like eating Buffalo wings and ranch, but without the mess. It's a perfect combo for a relaxing Sunday with the family, watching the game or fun with friends.
- 4 pieces of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/8 cup blackening spice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium red bell peppers
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 4 hamburger buns
- LAY'S® Sour Cream and Onion Flavored Potato Chips
For Tabasco Mayo:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon tabasco pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper
How to make it:
- Brush both sides of the chicken with oil and season with the salt, pepper and blackening spice.
- Slice peppers and onions into thin strips and toss with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Place on grill, turning every two minutes until they reach desired tenderness.
- Place chicken on grill for 5-7 minutes or until the meat reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make the tabasco pepper mayo sauce by combining the mayonnaise, tabasco pepper sauce and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- During the last few minutes of grilling, lightly butter hamburger buns and toast on grill for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place each chicken breast on a bottom bun.
- Top with onions, peppers, tabasco pepper mayo and top bun.
- Serve with LAY'S® Sour Cream and Onion Flavored Potato Chips.
All the classics you love + new flavors waiting to be discovered. Rate & review your favorite products.