Apple Crumble Minis
Create the best (and easiest!) mini apple crumbles for any occasion with Tostitos® Tortilla Chips.
- 24 Tostitos® Multigrain Scoops!® tortilla chips
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) unsalted butter, at room temperature, divided
- 2 gala apples, peeled and finely diced
- 6 tbsp (90 ml)brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cinnamon
- 1 cup (250 ml) finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) large flake oats
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated cheddar
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Arrange tortilla chips on baking sheet.
- Melt 2 tbsp (25 mL) butter in saucepan set over medium heat; cook apples for 5 to 6 minutes or until tender. Stir in 1/4 cup (60 mL) brown sugar and cinnamon; cook for 2 or 3 minutes or until saucy. Set aside.
- In small bowl, stir together remaining brown sugar, walnuts, oats and Cheddar. Using fingertips, rub in remaining butter until crumbly.
- Divide apple mixture among tortilla chips; sprinkle walnut mixture over top. Bake in centre of oven for about 5 minutes or until tops are golden.
Tip : Also delicious with your favourite berries!