Warm Kale Triangles
This yummy and hearty appetizer made with kale and earthy mushrooms will wow your tastebuds!
- 1/2 bag Tostitos® Restaurant Style tortilla chips
- 1 tsp (5 mL) butter
- 1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil
- 8 oz (250 g) sliced button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced red pepper strips, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) lengths
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cups (250 mL) finely shredded kale (ribs removed)
- Pinch each of salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) goat cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped chives (optional)
How to make it
- Arrange Tostitos® Restaurant Style tortilla chips in single layer on serving platter.
- Heat butter and oil in large non-stick skillet set over medium-high heat. When butter begins to foam, cook mushrooms, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until starting to brown.
- Add red pepper and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for about 2 minutes or until peppers are softened.
- Add kale; cook, stirring frequently, for about 1 minute or until kale is wilted. Stir in salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Place teaspoonful of mushroom mixture on each tortilla chip.
- Sprinkle with goat cheese and chives (if using).
Tasty RewardsTM MembersGet my Coupon*
*Get a Tostitos® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last