Tostitos® Roasted Beet Hummus
This delicious beet hummus can’t be beat!
- 1 bag (300 g) Tostitos® Strips tortilla chips
- 1/2 lb beets
- 1 can (538 g) chickpeas, drained, and liquid reserved
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190ºC). Wrap beets in foil; roast for about 1 hour or until tender. Let cool slightly; peel and chop beets.
- In food processor, pulse beets, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt and cumin until combined. With motor running, drizzle in olive oil, then 1/3 cup chickpea liquid (aquafaba) until mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to serving dish. Garnish with pine nuts and mint leaves.
- Serve with Tostitos® Strips tortilla chips for dipping.
Tip: Substitute roasted carrots or sweet potatoes for beets if desired.
GET THE HINT? GET TOSTITOS®Get my Coupon*
*Coupons available while quantities last