Tacos and pizza are a duo that can’t be beat. This taco pizza makes the best of both worlds with Tostitos® Rounds Tortilla Chips and salsa!
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) broken Tostitos® Rounds Tortilla Chips
- 1 cup (250 mL) Tostitos® Mild Salsa
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 3/4 lb (350 g) lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chili powder
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 pizza dough (about 3/4 lb/350 g)
- ¾ cup (175 mL) each shredded mozzarella and Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup (60 mL) pitted black olives, sliced
- ¼ cup (60 mL) sliced green onions
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sour cream (optional)
How to make it
- Heat oil in saucepan set over medium-heat; cook beef for 5 to 7 minutes until no longer pink. Drain fat from pan.
- Add onion, garlic, chili powder, salt and pepper to pan; cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes, or until onion is softened. Let cool.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out dough into 12-inch (25 cm) round; fit into 12-inch (25 cm) pizza pan. Spread salsa over dough; top with beef mixture and cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly. Immediately scatter lettuce, tomato, olives and green onions over top.
- Sprinkle with crumbled chips. Dollop sour cream over top (if using).
Tip: For a spicy kick to your pizza, add pickled jalapeño peppers.
Tasty RewardsTM MembersGet my Coupon*
*Get a Tostitos® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last