Who needs a party sub, when you can have a party burrito! Meaty, cheesy and just the right crunch to add some extra deliciousness to your party.
- 1 bag Tostitos® Strips Tortilla Chips
- 1 jar Tostitos® Salsa Con Queso
- 1 jar Tostitos® Extra Hot Salsa
- 3 on the vine tomatoes
- 3 small yellow or white onions
- 1 cup sweet corn niblets
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 cups refried beans
- 2 lbs raw chorizo sausage or hot Italian sausage
- 3 ripe avocados
- 5 limes
- ½ cup full fat sour cream
- ½ cup full fat mayo
- 2 cups shredded tex-mex cheese
- 4 large flour tortillas (12-14 inch)
How to make it
- Make a pico di gallo mixture by finely chopping tomatoes, onions and cilantro (save 2 tablespoons of cilantro for garnish) and mix in a bowl with the sweet corn, juice from 2 limes, and a pinch of salt and set aside.
- Smash your avocados with juice from 2 limes and a pinch of salt and set aside.
- Combine sour cream with the mayo and juice from 1 lime and set aside
- Remove the meat from sausage casings into a non-stick pan. Cook on medium heat for 6- 8 minutes, or until meat is fully cooked. While meat is cooking, mix in 3 tbsps of Tostitos® Extra Hot Salsa and stir constantly, breaking it up into smaller pieces. Once cooked, set aside.
- Once you have all the components ready, preheat your oven to 450F.
- To build your extra-large burrito, place a large piece of tinfoil or parchment paper down and place 3 tortillas horizontally across the foil, overlapping each other halfway to make, one long, tortilla. Spoon a generous amount of guacamole across the top half of all 3 overlapping tortillas. Spoon your refried beans on the bottom half making sure to leave about an inch and a half of space all the way around the edge of the tortillas. Place half the shredded cheese down the empty space in the middle of the connected tortillas and add the cooked sausage meat. Then next to the sausage meat place the pico di gallo and corn mixture. Take the 4th tortilla and cut in half and place lengthwise over the center meat section so it's covered. Use the foil to wrap the longest part of the burrito over that extra strip of the tortilla so it is half rolled, fold in the two outside corners and then continue to use the foil to finish the roll.
- Place the extra-large burrito on another piece of tin foil or parchment paper, and use a serrated knife to make about 4 slits in the top of the burrito.
- Spoon a strip of Tostitos® Salsa Con Queso along the top of the burrito, then cover with Tostitos® Strips Tortilla Chips. Top with more tex-mex cheese.
- Bake for about 5- 6 minutes until the cheese is just melted.
- Remove from the oven and to a large cutting board. Top the jumbo party burrito with Tostitos® Extra Hot Salsa, the mixed sour cream and the remaining chopped cilantro.
Tasty RewardsTM MembersGet my Coupon*
*Get a Tostitos® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last