For a tasty change from the ordinary, try this Mediterranean take on salsa, packed with protein-rich chickpeas and vibrant flavours.
- 2 1/2 cups canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes or 1/2 a fresh jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 (60 mL)chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL)lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 bag Tostitos® Scoops!® tortilla chips
How to make it
- In bowl, combine chickpeas, olives, and parsley.
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, red pepper flakes, garlic and salt.
- Toss dressing with chickpea mixture. Serve with tortilla chips.
Tasty RewardsTM MembersGet my Coupon*
*Get a Tostitos® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last