Garden Vegetable Meatloaf
If you feel you're on a constant quest to get your little ones to eat their veggies, you're not alone. Sneak carrots, colourful bell peppers and tomatoes into our tasty Classic Meatloaf recipe. Then, watch your kids devour their meal knowing full well that you've conquered dinner once again!
- Ingredients for Classic Meatloaf
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 2/3 cup finely chopped red or green bell pepper or combination of both
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. To Classic Meatloaf ingredients, add carrot, peppers and parsley; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape meatloaf mixture into 10 x 6-inch loaf on rack of broiler pan.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until meatloaf is to medium doneness (160°F for beef, 170°F for turkey).
- Spoon tomatoes into microwave-safe bowl; microwave covered on HIGH until heated through. Slice meatloaf; top with tomatoes.