Whole Grain Banana Muffins
From first-time bakers to the most experienced, Banana Muffins are a treat that has stood the test of time. Everybody loves them, and they’re by far one of the easiest and quickest recipes in the world of baking. Add the goodness of Quaker whole grains to the mix, and you’ve got a recipe that’s just as nutritious as it is delicious.
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 5 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg, lightly beated
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line twelve medium muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray bottoms only with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, nuts, if desired, baking powder and baking soda; mix well. In medium bowl, combine bananas, margarine, milk and egg whites; blend well.
- Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not over mix.)
- Fill muffin cups almost full. Bake 17 to 19 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve warm.