Warm Pralines 'n Cream Muffins
Pralines are the delicious treat that is used to help create a great tasting batch of muffins. The other little ingredient used is cream cheese. Quaker mixes these together with some oats and other simple ingredients to give you a great new batch of muffins that you won’t be able to forget.
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (5-1/3 tablespoons) stick margarine or butter, softened
- 1 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, well chilled, cut into 1" pieces
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon maple or vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, divided
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- In medium bowl, combine oats, flours, baking powder and 1/2 cup pecans; mix well. In medium bowl, beat sugar, margarine and cream cheese until creamy.
- Add milk, egg and maple extract; mix well. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix)
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup pecans.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
To freeze muffins, wrap securely; seal, label and freeze. To reheat frozen muffins, unwrap muffins; microwave at HIGH about 45 seconds per muffin.