Rudolph's Carrot Cake Cookies
Sometimes, things can be good on their own, but even better when paired with something else. Carrot cake and cookies are strong on their own, but put them together and now you’ve got something pretty magical. This simple Rudolph's Carrot Cake Cookiesrecipe is the perfect blend of sweet and warming carrot cake flavours in the classic cookie you can enjoy any time.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice or ground cinnamon
- 2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 375° F. For cookies, in large bowl beat together butter and sugar until creamy. Add egg, molasses, milk, and vanilla; beat well.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and allspice; add to butter mixture and mix well. Stir in oats, carrots and raisins; mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
- For glaze, combine all ingredients; mix well. Drizzle over cookies. Let glaze set. Store in tightly covered container.