Razzle-Apple Streusel Bars
If you love apple pie, then you’re going to be all over our easy Razzel-Apple Streusel Bars recipe. These bars are kind of like your own personal apple pie for people on the go. Warm, sweet and tender apples with a crunchy and crumbly crust. It’s all of what you love about apple pie, except a lot easier to send your kids to school with, or for you to snack on at work.
- 2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) margarine or butter, melted
- 3 cups peeled, thinly sliced apples (about 3 medium)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- One 12-ounce jar raspberry or apricot preserves
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, combine 2‑1/2 cups flour, oats, sugar and baking powder; mix well. Add margarine, mixing until moistened.
- Reserve 2 cups oat mixture for topping. Press remaining oat mixture evenly onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9‑inch baking pan. Bake 15 minutes. Cool slightly on wire rack.
- In medium bowl, stir together apples and 2 tablespoons flour. Add preserves; stir until apples are evenly coated. Spread onto crust to within 1/2 inch of edges. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture, patting gently.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Store tightly covered.