Oatmeal Lace Cookies
This classic oatmeal cookie recipe adds a crunchy or chewy sophisticated twist for special occasions. These wafer thin biscuits are delightful as is – but the dough can also be rolled into tubes to house delicious creamy filling like an oat inspired cannoli.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
How to make it:
- Beat butter and sugar together until creamy.
- Blend in flour, salt, milk and vanilla. Stir in oats.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart to allow for spreading. Bake in preheated moderate (350° F) about 8 minutes.
- Cool 2 to 3 minutes then carefully remove cookies from cookie sheet with wide spatula. Cookies will be very thin and lacy.