Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cookies
One of the best things to do when the air turns crisp is to snuggle up during a romantic night in. Relaxing fall evenings are even better with these delicious Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cookies. Try making them together before your evening begins and get the night off to a good start.
- 2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) 70% vegetable oil spread
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped, pitted prunes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon Tropicana Pure Premium® orange juice
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray cookie sheets with non‑stick cooking spray.
- For cookies, beat sugar and vegetable oil spread with electric mixer in large bowl until well blended. Add pumpkin, egg whites and orange peel; beat well. (Mixture will look curdled.)
- Add combined oats, flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt, mix well. Stir in prunes and walnuts.
- Drop dough by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned. (Do not overbake. Centres of cookies will be soft.) Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks. Cool completely.
- For glaze, combine powdered sugar and orange juice in small bowl; mix well. Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies. Let cookies stand until glaze sets. Store tightly covered.