Pumpkin Spice Bread
If you adore fragrantly spiced treats, this is your recipe. Ginger, cloves and nutmeg combine with pumpkin to make this a perfect addition to Thanksgiving. Having a couple of loaves on hand is a good idea for dessert if you’re expecting lots of family. And compared to turkey it takes a fraction of the time to prepare.
45 - 65 min
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup fat‑free milk
- 1 cup all‑purpose flour
- 1 cup whole‑wheat flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2 whole eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup raisins
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray bottom only of 9 x 5‑inch, or 2 (8 x 4‑inch) metal loaf pan with cooking spray. In medium bowl, combine oats and milk; mix well. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine all‑purpose flour, whole‑wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Add pumpkin, eggs, oil and raisins to oat mixture; mix well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.) Pour into pan.
- Bake 55 to 65 minutes (9 x 5‑inch loaf) or 45 to 55 minutes (8 x 4‑inch loaf), or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan; remove to wire rack. Cool completely before slicing. Store tightly wrapped.