Pumpkin-Cranberry Oat Bars
Pumpkin + Cranberry + Quaker Oats = a recipe for a delicious snack.
A healthy eating pattern should include whole grains, fruits and vegetables, protein foods, and should limit foods high in sugar, saturated fat, and sodium. Whole grain foods, like oats, are a healthier choice than refined grains because whole grain foods include all parts of the grain. Whole grain foods have more fibre than refined grains.
25 - 30 min
- 3 cup(s) plus 1 tablespoon Quick Quaker® Oats
- 2 teaspoon(s) pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree (not pie filling mix)
- Non‑nutritive sweetener equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) canola oil
- 2 egg whites, beaten or equivalent refrigerated egg white product
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup(s) unsweetened dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon(s) pumpkin seeds
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 325°F. Spray 9‑inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Place 2 cups oats in food processor or blender.
- Process until finely ground.
- Add pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and baking soda to oats.
- Pulse a few times to combine well.
- In large bowl, combine pumpkin, sweetener, canola oil, egg whites and vanilla; stir to mix well.
- Stir in ground oat mixture.
- Add remaining 1 cup oats and cranberries.
- Spread evenly into pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon oats and the pumpkin seeds, pressing lightly.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into 12 bars.
- Store covered at room‑temperature up to 2 days.
- Freeze leftovers.