Peanut Butter 'N Fudge Filled Bars
Peanut Butter ‘n Fudge Filled Bars will help mark any special occasion the way only an incredibly decadent and chewy treat can.
- 2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 can (14-ounce) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 2 cups (12 oz. pkg) semisweet chocolate pieces
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2/3 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, butter and 1/4 cup peanut butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs.
- Add combined flour, baking soda and salt; beat well.
- Stir in oats; mix well.
- Reserve 1 cup of oat mixture; set aside. Spread remaining oat mixture evenly onto bottom of 13 x 9‑inch baking pan.
- In small saucepan, combine milk, chocolate chips and remaining 2 tablespoons peanut butter. Cook over low heat until chocolate is melted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in peanuts.
- Spread mixture evenly over crust in pan. Drop remaining oat mixture by teaspoonfuls evenly over chocolate mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into bars.