Peach Cobbler Oatmeal
Oatmeal for breakfast. It’s a natural. It’s also natural to want to treat yourself every now and then. This recipe does both. The wholesomeness of oats and wheat germ combined with the dessert-like indulgence of cinnamon, yogurt and peaches will help start your day off with a smile. Now if only the rest of the day would be that sweet.
- 2 cups Quaker® 100% Whole Grain Large Flake Oats or Quaker® 100% Whole Grain Quick Oats (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup Quaker® Kretschmer® Original toasted Wheat Germ
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups fat-free (skim) milk
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups chopped frozen (thawed) or canned (drained) peaches
- 1 container low fat or fat-free vanilla yogurt
- Optional toppings: fruit & skim milk or yogurt
How to make it:
- Combine wheat germ, brown sugar and ¼ teaspoon/1.25 mL cinnamon in small bowl. Set aside.
- Bring milk, 1 teaspoon/5 mL cinnamon, salt and nutmeg to a gentle boil in medium saucepan (watch carefully); stir in oats.
- Return to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook 1 minute for quick oats, 5 minutes for large flake oats, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in peaches. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until peaches are heated through and most of liquid is absorbed, about 1 minute.
- Spoon oatmeal into four cereal bowls.
- Top with wheat germ mixture and yogurt.