Celebrate a birthday or simply the fact that it’s Tuesday. Whatever the occasion, you and your family are likely to enjoy these festive cupcakes. The treat combines the sweet flavour of vanilla with the salty crunch of LAY'S® Classic Potato Chips, all topped off with cheerful sprinkles, providing a complete party wrapped up in a celebratory cupcake. For an even more delicious contrast, serve with glasses of icy-cold PEPSI as a perfect treat for family game night, or pack them up to take to a birthday celebration
- 1 cup of LAY'S® Classic Potato Chips crushed
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons coloured sprinkles
- 1 container prepared vanilla frosting
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 121ºC.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl. Set aside to cool.
- Sift the flour together with the cornstarch, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Add the sugar, milk, eggs and vanilla to the butter. Mix well.
- Add the sprinkles. Add flour mixture, and fold until well blended.
- Line muffin tins with 18 cupcake liners. Fill each cupcake liner 2/3 full.
- Bake 12-18 minutes, or until cupcake tops are light gold and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- Spread the cupcakes with vanilla frosting. Sprinkle them with kosher salt.
- Place crushed LAY'S® Classic Potato Chips in a shallow bowl. Dip the top of the cupcakes in the chips, pressing lightly so that they stick to the frosting.
- Top with additional sprinkles if desired.