Oaty Pear 'n' Pecan Pancakes
Make room in your morning for a stack of these mouth-watering pancakes. Brimming with pecans and fresh pear, they’re a fluffy, start to your day.
- 3/4 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup Aunt Jemima original pancake & waffle mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium firm-ripe pear, cored and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped, toasted pecans
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Aunt Jemima® light syrup, warmed
- Pear slices, if desired
- Toasted chopped pecans, if desired
How to make it:
- In large bowl, stir together pancake mix and cinnamon.
- In medium bowl, combine milk, egg and oil until blended. Add to pancake mix, stirring with wire whisk just until combined. Gently stir in pears, oats and pecans. Let stand 1 to 2 minutes to thicken.
- Cook pancakes on hot griddle according to package directions.
- Serve with maple syrup and, if desired, pear slices and additional pecans.
To toast pecan halves, bake on baking sheet in preheated 350ºF oven until fragrant, 5 to 7 minutes. Or, spread in single layer on microwave‑safe plate. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) 1 to 1‑1/2 minutes. Cool and chop.