Oatmeal Caramel White Chip Bars
Whatever the fashion in food is these days, this is a fresh take on a classic. A sweet little oat and butter ensemble filled with caramel, fudge or butterscotch. Tie it all together with white chocolate chips and make this ready for any party.
- 2 cups Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup caramel or butterscotch caramel fudge topping
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups (2-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13 x 9‑inch metal baking pan.
- For crust, beat flour, sugar, butter, baking soda and salt in large bowl with electric mixer until crumbly. Beat in oats on low speed just until combined. Press half of mixture (about 2‑1/2 cups) into bottom of baking pan.
- Bake 10 minutes. Cool in pan for 2 minutes.
- For filling, sprinkle chips and nuts over crust. Blend caramel topping with flour. Drizzle over morsels and nuts. Crumble remaining oat mixture over nuts.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.