Maple Pecan Oatmeal Bars
When someone picks up the guitar for a campfire sing-a-long this summer, snack along with these Maple Pecan Oatmeal Bars. Easy to make. Easy to pack. Such chewy, coconut squares of pure goodness are the perfect way to enjoy a night under the stars.
- 2-1/4 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) margarine or butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/3 cup Aunt Jemima Syrup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup Aunt Jemima® Syrup
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans (about 6 ounces)
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray 13x9‑inch baking pan with no‑stick cooking spray.
- For bar, melt margarine; set aside to cool.
- In large bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, coconut, baking soda and salt; mix well. (Dough will be stiff.)
- In small bowl, combine melted margarine, syrup, egg and vanilla; mix well. Add to oat mixture; mix well.
- Press dough evenly onto bottom of pan.
- For Topping : Combine pecans and brown sugar in small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over dough; press down lightly. Drizzle syrup evenly over pecans.
- Bake 35 to 38 minutes or until edges are set but middle is soft.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Store tightly covered