Maple Nut Crunch
Canada Day is all about celebrating our great country with friends. And what better way than with this Canada themed trail mix that includes just a hint of Maple syrup. Munch on it throughout the day or wrap up in cellophane and a ribbon to give to your guests as an inexpensive party takeaway.
- 8 cups Quaker® Life® Toasted Cinnamon Cereal
- 1/3 cup (5-1/3 tablespoons) margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup Aunt Jemima® Original Syrup
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 250º F.
- Heat margarine and syrup in a 13 x 9‑inch baking pan about 7 minutes or until margarine is melted.
- Add brown sugar and stir until dissolved. Stir in vanilla. Add cereal and nuts, stir until evenly coated.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Spread on baking sheet to cool, break into pieces.
- Store in tightly covered container up to 5 days.