Layered & Loaded DORITOS® Casserole
A rich and creamy beef mixture is layered with cheddar cheese and crushed Doritos® Nacho Cheese flavoured tortilla chips for the ultimate casserole with a burst of bold and cheesy crunch. Turn any family night or event into a bold dining experience, with this bold take on loaded nachos, sure to be an instant crowd-pleaser.
- 1 bag (255 g) Doritos® Nacho Cheese flavoured tortilla chips
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pouch (35 g) taco seasoning
- 1 cup (250 mL) sodium-reduced beef broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) mild, medium or hot salsa
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) thinly sliced green onion
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180°C). Lightly grease 9-inch (2 L) square baking dish. Using hands, lightly break Doritos® tortilla chips into large pieces; set aside.
- Heat oil in large, non-stick skillet set over medium-high heat. Crumble in ground beef; cook for about 5 minutes or until browned. Add onion, red pepper and garlic; cook for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over beef mixture; stir in broth and salsa. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Spoon half of the beef mixture evenly into prepared baking dish. Top with half of the cheese and Doritos® tortilla chips; repeat layers once. Cover with foil.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until heated through. Remove foil; bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until bubbling around edges. Garnish with lettuce, tomato, avocado and green onion.
Tip: Use mozzarella and queso fresco cheese instead of Cheddar cheese if desired. Serve with additional sour cream on top for a creamier version if desired.