Honey Lime Oat Muffins
The refreshing taste of lime gets mixed with the sweetness of honey to bring you a new kind of muffin. This is a tasty treat you can enjoy any time between meals.
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 8-ounce container plain non-fat or low-fat yogourt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line twelve medium muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray bottoms only with cooking spray.
- For muffins, combine oats, yogourt, honey, milk, margarine and lime peel in large bowl; mix well. Let stand 10 minutes. Stir in egg whites until blended. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Add to oat mixture all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not over mix.)
- Fill muffin cups almost full. Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool 10 minutes
- For glaze, combine all ingredients in small bowl; mix until smooth. Dip tops of muffins into glaze. Serve warm.