Honey Lemon Tea Loaf
Honey lemon tea is delicious. Now bring that great taste to the table for dessert. Whether it’s just a slice for yourself or if you’re serving it to guests, it’s a fantastic way to close out a nice dinner.
- 1 container (6 oz.) low‑fat or non‑fat lemon yogourt
- 2/3 cup double‑strength brewed green or black tea, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray two disposable aluminum foil loaf pans (8‑1/2 x 4‑inch or 8 x 3‑3/4‑inch) with non‑stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine yogourt, tea, honey, oil and egg with wire whisk or fork; mix well. Stir in oats and let stand 10 minutes.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, lemon peel, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well. Add to oat mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not over mix.) Pour into pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre of loaf comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Store tightly wrapped up to 3 days. Label and freeze for longer storage.
To brew double‑strength tea, bring 2/3 cup water to a rolling boil. Pour boiling water over 2 tea bags. Let stand 1‑1/2 minutes for green tea; 4 minutes for black tea. Remove tea bags. Cool to room temperature before using.
If using non‑disposable loaf pans, cool breads in pans 10 minutes. Loosen breads from sides of pans with narrow metal spatula or knife. Turn out onto cooling rack. Cool completely.