Harvest Fruit Bars
Having these delicious fruit-filled bars on hand are a perfect treat for the kids. They are also a snap to prepare!
- 1-1/2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 6-ounce package diced dried mixed fruit bits
- 1 cup chopped banana (about 2 medium)
- 2/3 cup Tropicana® orange juice*
- 1-1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice or ground cinnamon, divided
- 1-3/4 cups whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In medium bowl, combine dried fruit, banana, orange juice and 1 teaspoon of apple pie spice; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, oats and remaining 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice; mix well. In large bowl, beat margarine and sugar together with electric mixer until creamy. Add oat mixture; beat until crumbly. Reserve 3/4 cup mixture for topping.
- Press remaining oat mixture onto bottom of 13 x 9‑inch baking pan. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Spread fruit evenly over crust to within 1/4‑inch of edge. Add nuts to reserved oat mixture; mix well. Sprinkle evenly over fruit; pat down lightly.
- Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely; cut into bars. Store loosely covered.