This crunchy, vanilla, cinnamon and honey-tasting granola makes for a delicious part of an excellent breakfast. You’ll appreciate how fast and effortless it is to put together, and one bite guarantees your taste buds will appreciate it, too.
- 2-1/2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 15 x 10 x 1‑inch jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine cereal and oats; set aside.
- In 2‑cup microwaveable bowl, microwave vegetable oil spread on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted.
- Stir in honey, molasses, lemon peel, vanilla, ginger and cinnamon; mix well. Drizzle over cereal mixture, stir to coat evenly. Spread mixture onto baking sheet.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring after 10 minutes.