Ginger-Berry Oatmeal Muffin Tops
Golden brown with the slight spice of ginger, these muffins will cause a clamour at the breakfast table. How you proceed is up to you. Pop the crumbly top first, or take an all-encompassing bite. They’re distractingly delicious either way.
- 1 1/2 cups Quaker® 100% Whole Grain Large Flake Oats or Quaker® 100% Whole Grain Quick Oats (uncooked
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted, divided
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 400°F/200°C. Lightly grease large cookie sheet.
- Combine oats and sugar in large bowl mix well. For streusel topping, combine ¼ cup/60 mL oat mixture and 1 tablespoon/15 mL melted margarine in small bowl. Set aside.
- Add flour, baking powder and ginger to remaining oat mixture; mix well.
- Combine milk, remaining melted margarine and egg in small bowl; mix well.
- Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in blueberries.
- For each muffin top, drop batter by ¼‑cup/ 60‑mL portions onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over batter, patting gently.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.