Fruited Baked Oatmeal
Fruited Baked Oatmeal has cranberries and raisins, making it a must-add to your list of recipes. Who knew a humble bowl of comfort food could be so sweet and tart at the same time?
- 2-1/4 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/3 cups skim milk
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten or 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Fat-free milk or non-fat yogurt and fruit (optional)
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8‑inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine oats, sugar, raisins, cinnamon and salt; mix well. In medium bowl, combine milk, egg whites, oil and vanilla; mix well.
- Add to dry ingredients; mix until well blended. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until centre is set and firm to the touch. Cool slightly.
- Serve topped with milk or yogurt and fruit, if desired. Store leftover oatmeal tightly covered in refrigerator.