"A Few of my Favourite Things" Oat Bars
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens are definitely a couple of favourite things but when it comes to oat bars, we’ve got a few ideas of our own. Like vanilla and cinnamon, orange juice, coffee cake mix and dried cranberries mixed with Quaker® oats and your choice of pistachios, walnuts or pecans. Whip up a batch and try them for yourself - we bet this recipe will become one of your favourite things as well.
- 1-1/2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup Blue Bonnet® 65% vegetable oil spread
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 package (17.4 oz.) cinnamon swirl quick bread and coffee cake mix, divided
- 1/4 cup Tropicana Pure Premium® orange juice
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pistachios
- 1/2-3/4 cup dried cranberries
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13 x 9 x 2‑inch metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat spread and brown sugar on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Add quick bread mix and the clear packet of cinnamon swirl (reserve foil glaze packet for later use), orange juice, egg and vanilla.
- Beat just until blended. Add oats, pistachios and cranberries. Mix at low speed just until combined. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 34 minutes or until edges are golden brown and wooden pick inserted in centre comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Squeeze reserved foil packet from mix about 10 times. Cut tip off one corner of packet; squeeze glaze decoratively over cookies in pan. Cut into squares or bars.
Walnuts or pecans may be substituted for pistachios.