Easy Italian Mini Meatloaf Supper
This Italian inspired recipe takes our Classic Meatloaf and makes it a full-blown feast. Rotini pasta, hearty vegetables, and savoury seasoning. A taste of Italy from the comfort of your own kitchen.
- Ingredients for Classic Meatloaf
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded, reduced-fat Italian cheese blend, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, divided
- 1/2 package (8 ounces) rotini pasta
- One package (16 ounces) frozen Italian vegetable blend
- 2 to 3 teaspoons olive oil or margarine
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- One can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian seasoned diced tomatoes
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- To Classic Meatloaf ingredients, add 1 cup cheese and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning; mix lightly but thoroughly. Press approximately 1/3 cup meatloaf mixture into each of 12 medium muffin cups.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until centres are no longer pink.
- While meatloaves bake, prepare pasta according to package directions, adding vegetables during last 6 minutes of cooking.
- Drain well; toss with olive oil, remaining 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Spoon tomatoes into microwave‑safe bowl; microwave covered on HIGH until heated through.
- Remove meatloaves from muffin pans; top with tomatoes and remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Serve with pasta.