Cinnamon Bun Scones
Picture hot scones coming out of the oven; cinnamon scented steam rising off the pan; your family’s expectant faces breaking into smiles when you drizzle a delicious glaze over the scones that were already good enough to eat. This is that recipe.
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter or margarine, chilled and cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup whole or 2% milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons Tropicana Pure Premium® orange juice or mil
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, baking powder and salt; mix well. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In small bowl, combine milk, egg and vanilla; blend well.
- Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir with fork or rubber spatula until dry ingredients are moistened. In small bowl, combine remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar with the pecans and cinnamon; mix well.
- Sprinkle evenly over dough in bowl; gently stir batter to swirl in cinnamon mixture (Do not blend completely.) Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire rack; cool 5 minutes. In small bowl, combine powdered sugar and enough orange juice for desired consistency; mix until smooth.
- Drizzle over top of warm scones. Serve warm.