Chocolate-Covered LAY’S® Wavy Potato Chips
The combination of sweet and salty proves extremely popular for one very good reason: it's absolutely delicious. Treat yourself, your family or your party guests to this can't-miss combination when you cover LAY’S® Wavy Potato Chips in deep, rich chocolate. You'd pay a fortune for this elegant treat in a gourmet shop, but you can affordably make it at home in just 30 minutes. LAY’S Chocolate-Covered LAY’S® Wavy Potato Chips Wavy chips help the chocolate grip each chip. This recipe makes about half a pound of this luscious treat.
- 1 cup of high-quality milk chocolate, chopped, or high-quality milk chocolate chips
- 1 255 g bag of LAY’S® Wavy Potato Chips Wavy Original Potato Chips
How to make it:
- Place ¾ cup of the chocolate in the top pan of a double boiler. If you don't have a double boiler, place a heat-safe bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Heat the chocolate, stirring frequently, until it melts.
- Continue to heat until the chocolate reaches 43 degrees Celsius as measured on a candy thermometer.
- Remove the chocolate from the heat immediately. Stir in the remaining ¼ cup of chocolate, and stir until it melts completely.
- Keep stirring and measuring the temperature until the chocolate drops to 32 degrees Celsius.
- Gently pick up a single potato chip with a pair of tongs. Dip it halfway into the melted chocolate. Place it on wax paper on the counter to dry.
- Repeat dipping the potato chips, one chip at a time. Place the chips at the far end of the wax paper, and work toward yourself so you don't drop on the drying chips.
- Let the chips cool until the chocolate is dry and solid. Refrigerate if preferred.