Choco Peanut Butter Bars
Once upon a time, somebody discovered what a perfect match chocolate and peanut butter make. We’ve upped the ante and added oats to the equation in these delectable bars. Three’s a crowd? Not anymore.
20 - 25 min
- 1-1/2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate pieces
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat brown sugar, margarine and peanut butter until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Add flour and baking soda; mix well.
- Stir in oats and chocolate pieces.
- Spread into ungreased 13x9‑inch baking pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and edges pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely. Cut into bars.