Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
It might not have the chocolate your sweet tooth is looking for, but the rich brown sugar, spicy cinnamon and tangy raisins do a great job. You’re far less likely to feel guilty after eating more than you should.
- 1-1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-3/4 cups all‑purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Quaker® Unprocessed Bran
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2-1/2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1-1/3 cups diced dried mixed fruit or raisins
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- Beat brown sugar, margarine and granulated sugar with electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, bran, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; mix well. Add to margarine‑sugar mixture; mix well. Stir in oats and dried fruit; mix well.
- Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 9 to 10 minutes, until light golden brown. (Centres will be soft.)
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets, remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.