Cherry Chia Oat Smoothie
The goodness of oats meets the coolness of a smoothie in this morning mash-up. Have fun with the garnishes and look for tasty in-season fruits. A healthy eating pattern should include whole grains, fruits and vegetables, protein foods, and should limit foods high in sugar, saturated fat, and sodium. Whole grain foods, like oats, are a healthier choice than refined grains because whole grain foods include all parts of the grain. Whole grain foods have more fibre than refined grains.
- 1/2 cup(s) Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 teaspoon(s) chia seeds
- 1 cup(s) frozen tart cherries
- 1/2 cup(s) cold unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup(s) non-fat milk or dairy alternative such as almond or soy
How to make it:
- Place oats and chia seeds in blender container. Blend until oats are finely ground. Add cherries, juice and milk. Blend until cherries are pureed and mixture is smooth.
- For a smoothie bowl, substitute plain non-fat Greek yogurt for non-fat milk.