Caramel Corn Crunch Snack Mix
Surprise your date and kick your regular tasting kernels up a few notches with this crunchy and sweet version of the film snack staple. It will satisfy your sweet tooth and you just may end up wanting another batch before the movie is over.
- 1 16-ounce box Quaker® Oatmeal Squares™ Cereal Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked) (about 8 cups)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Aunt Jemima® Syrup, regular or light
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups fat-free caramel corn
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 250°F. Spray 13 x 9‑inch baking pan with cooking spray. Place cereal in pan.
- Place margarine in 2‑cup microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 45 seconds or until melted. Stir in sugar, syrup and vanilla; mix well. Pour over cereal; stir to coat evenly.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven; stir in caramel corn. Transfer to baking sheet, spreading mixture in even layer.
- Cool completely. Store tightly covered at room temperature up to 5 days.