Butternut Squash & Apple Crisp
A touch of savoury Fall flavour makes this easy crisp extra cozy and delicious.
3 cups chopped butternut squash
3 cups peeled, chopped apples
1/3 cup granulated sugar
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp butter, cut into small cubes
1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cold butter, cut into cubes
1/2 cup Bare™ Fuji & Reds Apple Chips, coarsely chopped
How to make it:
How to make it
1. Filling: Preheat oven to 375˚F. Grease 9-inch square
baking dish; set aside.
2. Toss together butternut squash, apples, sugar, lemon
juice, cornstarch, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt
until combined. Spread evenly into prepared pan; dot
3. Topping: Toss together oats, brown sugar and flour;
using fingertips, cut in butter until crumbly. Toss in
apple chips. Sprinkle evenly over fruit mixture.
4. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until topping is golden
brown and filling is bubbling. Serve warm.
• Serve with a dollop of yogurt if desired.
• You can use an oval or round baking dish instead of a
square dish if preferred.