Broccoli Stuffed Tomatoes
Broccoli Stuffed Tomatoes sounds like something you could only get at a restaurant but that’s just not true. They’re actually not that difficult to make at home. It only takes about half an hour to whip up this impressive and delicious starter.
20 - 25 min
- 2/3 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats
- 4 large tomatoes (about 1 pound)
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 1/2 cup low-fat small curd cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan or Swiss cheese
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 350° F. Slice 1/4 ‑inch from stem end of each tomato. Scoop out pulp and seeds; discard or reserve for another use.
- Arrange tomatoes in shallow 1‑quart glass baking dish. In medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients except Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Fill tomatoes with broccoli mixture; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.
We’ve got you covered from breakfast ‘till your favourite evening snack!