Blueberry Oat Muffins
A classic! If there's a better way to start your day than with a hot coffee (or tea) and a blueberry oat muffin, we'd like to know. Also, these are perfect for packing into lunch bags or back packs for school lunches and family picnics.
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 whole egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (do not thaw)
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray twelve medium muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine oats and buttermilk; mix well. Let stand 10 minutes. Stir in egg, oil and lemon peel until blended.
- In large bowl, combine all‑purpose flour, whole‑wheat flour, wheat germ, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; mix well.
- Add oat mixture all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.) Coat berries with the teaspoon of flour.
- Gently stir in berries. Fill muffin cups almost full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm.