Banana-Nana Pecan Bread
It’s banana bread with a bunch more crunch in every bite. Decadent pecans complement a melt-in-your mouth texture and subtle sweetness. Serve slices warm, or wrap up as the perfect hostess gift.
- 1 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons stick margarine or butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 package (14 oz.) banana bread quick bread mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Grease and flour bottom only of a 9 x 5‑inch loaf pan.
- Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not over mix.)
- In small bowl, combine oats, pecans, margarine and brown sugar; mix well. Reserve 1/2 cup mixture, set aside.
- In large bowl, combine remaining oat mixture, quick bread mix, water, banana, eggs and oil.
- Mix until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour into pan. Sprinkle top of loaf with reserved oat mixture.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre of loaf comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan; remove to wire rack. Cool completely.